Only Solution for Unified Application Readiness with Capabilities to Automate and Efficiently Plan, Package and Deliver Windows and Mac Software
Itasca, IL - Jun 28, 2016 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of next-generation software licensing, compliance, security and installation solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced the latest release of AdminStudio Suite, the industry-leading unified Application Readiness solution for reliable packaging, virtualization and management of Windows, Mac and mobile applications. In addition, the company unveiled the latest release of Workflow Manager, a Web-based end-to-end IT process management solution that tracks service-level agreements using out-of-the-box automation for change and asset management. Workflow Manager also standardizes, coordinates and streamlines procurement, preparation, deployment, audit and retirement processes for engineers to get ahead of backlog packaging requests, and prepare for more frequent application update and migration projects.
AdminStudio Suite 2016 has added support for preparing Mac® applications for reliable deployment to JAMF Software® Casper Suite. These new capabilities will help organizations keep up with the increasing use of Mac computers in the enterprise and accelerated update and upgrade cadence.
"The client computing environment is increasingly driven by employee choice," said Maureen Polte, Vice President of Product Management at Flexera Software. "IT is increasingly tasked with going beyond traditional personal computers to now support numerous Mac devices, and must manage applications in a cost-effective and productive manner across a diverse host of computers, laptops, bring your own devices (BYOD) and even wearables. Flexera Software is excited to help IT navigate in these complex environments, and adapt to the faster application release schedules they are faced with on a daily basis."
"We leverage AdminStudio to keep pace with the growing demand for desktop applications," said Paul Valente, IT Specialist at the Chicago Public School System. "Flexera Software is the industry standard for repackaging applications."
"We deploy and test a majority of our applications with AdminStudio," said Christopher Irish, IT Professional at Front Range Community College. "It is the easiest way to prepare for Application Readiness and is very feature-rich. I have used Flexera Software's AdminStudio since version 11 and the improvements that have been included up to now, and the ease of use, is invaluable."
"Many vendors and IT decision makers responsible for managing the delivery of high-quality IT services to corporate end users have several tools to support an increasing number of devices," said Robert Young, Research Director of IT Service Management and Client Virtualization Software at IDC. "Unified Application Readiness stands to bridge traditional IT silos, and address those issues for organizations - helping to deter employees from bypassing IT, and creating a more simplified and secure environment."
In addition to accelerating Mac and Windows migrations, AdminStudio Suite 2016 delivers myriad other new features enhancing organizations' Application Readiness, including:
- Configures and Tests Mac Applications for Deployment: Identifies which Mac applications are likely to experience compatibility issues to ensure they work as expected on employees' devices. Customizes Mac .PKG installers to easily configure, test for OS X compatibility and prepare Mac applications for silent installation.
- Publishes Mac Applications: Automates delivery of approved-Mac applications to JAMF Software Casper Suite, the industry leader in the Mac device management space, and App Portal for deployment.
- Provisions Virtual Machines: Virtual machine automation for repackaging and testing saves time and improves packaging speed and quality.
- Tests for Microsoft Azure Compatibility: Ensures Web applications are compatible and can be hosted on Windows Server and Azure platforms.
- Tests EXE Installers for OS Compatibility and Virtualization Suitability: Automatically identifies MSI packages nested in EXE bootstrapper and tests to determine operating system compatibility. Runs virtualization tests against nested MSIs to determine suitability for virtualization.
- Windows 10 Compatibility Enhancements : Software known to be incompatible with Windows 10.
New Enhancements to Workflow Manager 2016 also include:
- Out-of-the-Box Automation: Automates tasks in all templates and extends APIs to support conditional logic.
- # # # -
- AdminStudio Suite
- AdminStudio Virtualization
- AdminStudio Application Compatibility
- AdminStudio Application Inventory and Rationalization
- AdminStudio Mobile
- App Portal
- Workflow Manager
- FlexNet Manager Suite
Follow Flexera Software…
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. Our next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimized software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. Over 80,000 customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source for the knowledge and expertise we have gained as the marketplace leader in licensing, installation and compliance for over 25 years and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products. For more information, please go to: www.flexerasoftware.com
About Chicago Public Schools
Chicago Public Schools serves 392,000 students in 660 schools. It is the nation’s third-largest school district. For more information, please visit: http://www.cps.edu
FRCC is a member of the Colorado Community College System, the state's largest system of higher education. CCCS serves more than 162,000 students annually. The system oversees career and academic programs in the 13 state community colleges and career and technical programs in more than 160 school districts and six other post-secondary institutions.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.