AdminStudio Virtualization Pack prepares software for reliable application virtualization deployment with a complete set of virtualization compatibility testing, automated conversion, validation, editing and management reporting capabilities. With support for all leading virtual formats in a single tool, Virtualization Pack fast tracks application virtualization and Virtual Desktop Infrastructer (VDI) projects.
Automated Application Virtualization Conversion
- Convert multiple MSIs and legacy installers to industry leading virtual formats including Microsoft App-V, VMware® Thin App™, Citrix® XenApp™ and Symantec™ Workspace Virtualization.
- Automate the conversion of MSIs and legacy installers to virtual application formats with a consistent approach that is up to 9 times faster than using native tools.
- The AdminStudio Virtualization Pack is the only single solution that supports multiple application virtualization formats and traditional MSI packages all in one tool.
Automated Repackaging on Virtual Machines
- Leverage existing software packaging investments by automatically determining which setups contain custom actions, and therefore, need to be repackaged, and which can be virtualized without repackaging. It manages virtual machines, silently repackages installs and creates virtual packages for the resulting MSIs.
Virtualization Compatibility Testing
- Automatically test application compatibility to determine whether it's suitable for conversion and deployment as a virtual application.
- Eliminate the trial-and-error approach to migrating applications to virtual formats.
Test and Validate Virtual Packages
- With AdminStudio Virtualization Pack, the ability to customize, test, validate and edit MSI packages is extended to virtual formats so packagers can manage a virtual package with the same tool and processes as a traditional package.
- Run conflict and validation tests of packages to ensure they won't conflict with each other or other physically deployed applications and to conform to best-practice packaging.
Leverage Extensive Support for App-V 5.0
- Upgrade App-V 4.5 and 4.6 packages to App-V 5.0 automatically using the App-V Conversion Wizard or AdminStudio APIs.
- Define Virtual Connection Groups in AdminStudio and publish to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager to take advantage of App-V 5.0 virtual application connection, which permits communication between two applications that have been virtualized separately.
- Use the Virtual Package Editor to directly edit App-V packages, eliminating the need to reconvert from an MSI to modify the package.
- Publish App-V packages directly to XenApp servers to streamline the application management tasks for VDI and hosted virtual sessions.
The AdminStudio Virtualization Pack is part of the AdminStudio Suite, which powers an enterprise's Application Readiness process for planning, packaging and delivery of physical, virtual, and mobile applications, ensuring faster service delivery and continuous and predictable deployment into increasingly complex computing environments.
Installation & Packaging Product Support
Get support for InstallShield, InstallAnywhere, Installation Collaboration, Express, MultiPlatform, vBuild, InstallShield Activation Service, AdminStudio, and Workflow Manager.