Standardize, Coordinate, and Automate Workflow Management
Workflow Manager, our workflow management software, helps enterprises efficiently manage the Application Readiness and Software License Optimization processes to streamline the procurement, preparation, deployment, and ongoing management of applications. Workflow Manager maximizes productivity of the IT team by automating change management, asset management, and other ITIL processes as part of the enterprise application lifecycle.
When IT-wide processes such as preparing application for deployment, migrations, and license optimization are managed poorly, expensive errors can occur, resulting in costly delays, lost productivity, and overspending. Using workflow management software standardizes, coordinates, and streamlines the management of applications through the entire enterprise lifecycle, reducing costs and maximizing productivity.
Workflow Manager supports both AdminStudio Suite and FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises. IT teams of every size use Workflow Manager to coordinate software asset management—from application packaging and deployment, though software licensing and optimization after deployment. Workflow management software streamlines processes, such as preparing for Windows migrations and application virtualization, as well as procurement, auditing, and retirement of software assets.
Streamline the Application Readiness Processes
- Give end users an easy way to submit requests for new software packaging services and initiate IT projects
- Assign requests to the packager with the most bandwidth and monitor progress in real time
- See assigned tasks in an easy-to-follow graphical workflow, eliminating the need for ad-hoc guesswork
- Generate detailed management reports on every aspect of the software packaging process
- Track and manage SLAs (service level agreements) to ensure compliance
Coordinate Software License Optimization
- Collects data from other IT systems necessary for next generation software asset management
- Real time updates increase data accuracy of procurement and receiving of new software and contracts
- Coordinate audit reviews of contract obligations and current compliance
- Ensures collaboration of cross-functional teams involved in the management of software assets
- View the real-time status of every project, who is working on it, and any issues that arise
Workflow Manager Technical Resources
Tightly Integrate Management of the Application Lifecycle with existing IT Processes
- Exposed APIs enable integration with help desk tools and processes including incident, change, and release management from leading vendors including BMC Remedy® and ServiceNow
- Share package files, metadata, licensing information and other application lifecycle data with IT systems like the CMDB to simplify ITIL or Microsoft BDD implementations
- Provides connectivity to HR, Active Directory, procurement, ERP and other systems for user, computer, purchasing and organizational data
Workflow Management Software for the Entire Asset Management Lifecycle
Software assets are constantly changing, driven by new projects, daily employee requests, and new security patches, just to name a few. Workflow Manager ensures IT, Finance, Security, and other cross-functional professionals work together to achieve the most effective management of software assets, significantly maximizing productivity and service delivery.
Automate Application Readiness Workflow
Automate the six step Application Readiness process with out-of-the-box workflow templates that standardize and enforce best practices for Application Readiness for consistent delivery of applications. Maintain consistent and repeatable processes that ensure reliability and accelerates service delivery of physical, virtual and mobile applications.
Automate Software License Optimization Processes
Deliver workflow application management for Software License Optimization processes out of the box. Workflow Manager uses the FlexNet Manager Platform Compliance API web service to return software license compliance-related information, including lists of computers, end-users, and software licenses.