App Portal enforces continual software license compliance and controls software deployment, while increasing employee satisfaction and the efficiency of application service delivery. The enterprise app store ensures that governance is in place to check software license availability, obtain proper approvals on software requests, and reclaim unused licenses.
Not just another IT catalog, Flexera Software App Portal is a universal enterprise app store for desktop, mobile, and cloud applications that enables IT to maintain the control necessary to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and corporate policy while reducing enterprise software costs and maximizing software usage. App Portal provides seamless integration with Software License Optimization processes that enable continual compliance and the automated reclamation of unused software to avoid overspending on expensive enterprise licenses.
Enforce Software License Compliance and Governance
- Automatically check availability and reserve software licenses at the time of employee request to eliminate deploying unlicensed desktop software
- Enforce accurate license positions at a global level for compliance and at the group level to support cost assignment to lines of business
- Report on software requests, approvals, installations and purchases to measure success and make sound decisions regarding software licensing and usage across the enterprise
Eliminate Software Waste and Drive Continual Software License Recycling
- Leverage FlexNet Manager Platform usage data to avoid overbuying of costly enterprise licenses by reclaiming software that is installed, but not used
- Enlist the help of employees with the Software Policy Score™ informing them of the cost of applications installed on their devices, how often those applications are used, and encouraging them to remove and return the licenses of unneeded applications
- Utilize application downloads and user feedback and ratings to increase efficiency of the enterprise procurement process, optimize vendor contracts, and maintain control of budgets
In addition, App Portal addresses the business need to control the distribution of approved and authorized software applications and the user’s expectations of a consumer-driven experience for accessing IT services in the workplace. Automating one-time software requests and enabling self-service operating system deployments saves hundreds of hours of IT staff time.
Streamline Application Service Delivery and Increase Business User Satisfaction
- Automatically populate the store with IT approved and packaged applications and operating systems directly from Flexera Software AdminStudio
- Enable users to spend their budget on the apps they deem most beneficial to their productivity
- Reduce time spent manually responding to one-off software requests and cut delivery time to users from weeks to hours or even minutes
Unify Best-of-Breed Capabilities of an IT Service Catalog and a Universal Enterprise App Store
- Simplify employee access, maintain control, and enable automated self-service access to applications they need to be productive
- Enable proactive support with automatic incident creation whenever an application installation fails
- Leverage established approval workflows in existing ServiceNow or BMC Remedy ITSM implementations
Flexera Software products uniquely manage software usage strategically across the entire enterprise software lifecycle and can help you achieve rapid application availability, continuous license compliance and put an end to the overbuying of software licenses.
App Portal is a key component of Flexera Software's Software License Optimization solutions.
The Universal App Store for Desktop, Cloud, and Mobile
Ensure control and efficient self-service delivery of approved applications by enabling employees to request desktop, cloud, and mobile apps from a single enterprise store.
Tailor the enterprise app store experience for employees so they see only items they are able to request and are provided alternative items allowing them to make informed decisions about the type of software license they need. In addition, they can search for apps based on the device they are using, or extend that to search for apps for multiple devices (both PC and Mac desktops and laptops). Employees search the store dynamically based on keywords, titles, descriptions, and devices or can use a variety of attributes to browse items, including most popular items, new items, and top-rated items. App Portal even recommends apps for the other devices registered to the user, giving employees the ability to request an application once and have it deployed to a desktop, tablet and phone at the same time. With support for Apple iOS and Android public store and internal apps, in addition to desktop and cloud applications, a single checkout process automates deployment. App Portal offers administrators extensive control over who can request items from the online store: software requests may come directly from the business user, requested by the user’s manager, or by a third party like the help desk. Requesters can order items for themselves and specify delivery to the current device or another device for which the requester is the primary user. Administrators can request items for multiple users or devices.
Automates Software Approvals and Governance
Automated approvals are flexible and can use the turnkey App Portal approval process or be delegated to utilize established approval workflows in an existing ITSM implementation.
Automate the approval for any or all store items and make the approval conditional based on security groups, Organizational Units, Active Directory Properties, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or Symantec Altiris Client Management Suite collection membership for both users and computers. App Portal leverages Active Directory data to identify the requester's business manager and route requests appropriately. Dynamically determine the appropriate approval process based on Active Directory attributes such as department, office, or organizational unit. App Portal supports a variety of approval routing structures.
Flexible Routing. Administrators can specify multiple levels of approval with multiple approvers per level. The solution supports both linear — that is, all approvers in a list, in order — and pool approvers — any single approver from a pool can approve the request. Administrators can also set a custom status for each approval level to support various functions within the enterprise, including security review, purchasing and compatibility.
Conditional Approvals. Administrators can make approval levels conditional based on such factors as cost, license availability, security groups, Organizational Units, Active Directory Properties and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager or Symantec Altiris Client Management Suite collection membership for both users and computers.
Email Approval Notification. Approvers receive email notifications that have direct links to the requests so approvers can get detailed information for decision-making purposes. Email messages can also include links for the following actions: approve, reject, review and auto approve.
Delegate Approvals to IT Service Management Systems. App Portal can initiate an existing approval process and leverage established workflows in existing ServiceNow or BMC Remedy ITSM implementations.
Harvest Unused Software and Free Up Licenses
Eliminate software waste by recycling unused licenses and returning them to the available license pool.
Installation evidence and usage data from FlexNet Manager Suite powers My Apps and notifies users with alerts and a list of unused applications installed on their device with the option to keep them or surrender applications so the license can be returned to the available license pool. Users have the option of keeping unused applications or surrendering the license. When the user surrenders the license, App Portal uninstalls the application and returns the license to the license pool. In addition App Portal supports a flexible software leasing model in which business users lease an application for a specified period of time. The application is reclaimed and returned to the license pool when the lease expires.