- App Portal Datasheet
Empower employees with on-demand software provisioning
- App Portal Operating System Deployment and Application Migration Datasheet
Automate Microsoft® Windows 7 and 8 Deployment and Application Migration through your Enterprise App Store.
App Portal enforces continual software license compliance and controls software deployment, while increasing employee satisfaction and the efficiency of application service delivery. The enterprise app store ensures that governance is in place to check software license availability, obtain proper approvals on software requests, and reclaim unused licenses.
Not just another IT catalog, Flexera Software App Portal is a universal enterprise app store for desktop, mobile, and cloud applications that enables IT to maintain the control necessary to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and corporate policy while reducing enterprise software costs and maximizing software usage. App Portal provides seamless integration with Software License Optimization processes that enable continual compliance and the automated reclamation of unused software to avoid overspending on expensive enterprise licenses.
Enforce Software License Compliance and Governance
- Automatically check availability and reserve software licenses at the time of employee request to eliminate deploying unlicensed desktop software
- Enforce accurate license positions at a global level for compliance and at the group level to support cost assignment to lines of business
- Report on software requests, approvals, installations and purchases to measure success and make sound decisions regarding software licensing and usage across the enterprise
Eliminate Software Waste and Drive Continual Software License Recycling
- Leverage FlexNet Manager Platform usage data to avoid overbuying of costly enterprise licenses by reclaiming software that is installed, but not used
- Enlist the help of employees with the Software Policy ScoreTM informing them of the cost of applications installed on their devices, how often those applications are used, and encouraging them to remove and return the licenses of unneeded applications
- Utilize application downloads and user feedback and ratings to increase efficiency of the enterprise procurement process, optimize vendor contracts, and maintain control of budgets
In addition, App Portal addresses the business need to control the distribution of approved and authorized software applications and the user’s expectations of a consumer-driven experience for accessing IT services in the workplace. Automating one-time software requests and enabling self-service operating system deployments saves hundreds of hours of IT staff time.
Streamline Application Service Delivery and Increase Business User Satisfaction
- Automatically populate the store with IT approved and packaged applications and operating systems directly from Flexera Software AdminStudio
- Enable users to spend their budget on the apps they deem most beneficial to their productivity
- Reduce time spent manually responding to one-off software requests and cut delivery time to users from weeks to hours or even minutes
Unify Best-of-Breed Capabilities of an IT Service Catalog and a Universal Enterprise App Store
- Simplify employee access, maintain control, and enable automated self-service access to applications they need to be productive
- Enable proactive support with automatic incident creation whenever an application installation fails
- Leverage established approval workflows in existing ServiceNow or BMC Remedy ITSM implementations
Flexera Software products uniquely manage software usage strategically across the entire enterprise software lifecycle and can help you achieve rapid application availability, continuous license compliance and put an end to the overbuying of software licenses.
App Portal is a key component of Flexera Software's Software License Optimization solutions.
App Portal Solution Overview
Recent Blog Posts
"apps@DFATD has helped us to transform the business of government through improved oversight, management, and control of the complete software lifecycle, from the requirements phase through to acquisition, stewardship and disposal."
Business Process Engineering and Solutions