- App Portal Datasheet
Empower employees with on-demand software provisioning
- App Portal Operating System Deployment and Application Migration Datasheet
Automate Microsoft® Windows 7 and 8 Deployment and Application Migration through your Enterprise App Store.
App Portal enables IT Managers to enforce continual software license compliance and control software deployment, while increasing customer satisfaction and the efficiency of application service delivery. The employee driven enterprise app store automates the request, fulfillment and reclamation of software licenses to eliminate waste, ensure proper governance, and maximize usage of enterprise software.
Employing Flexera Software App Portal automates workflows and improves efficiency of the application request process and ensures that governance is in place to check license availability, obtain proper approvals, and reclaim licenses that are no longer used. App Portal provides enhanced visibility into software asset management that enables automated reclamation of unused software to avoid overspending on expensive enterprise software licenses. With the App Portal enterprise app store, IT maintains the control necessary to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and corporate policy, while reducing software costs and accelerating the consumerization of IT. App Portal can boost return on application investment and reduce risk, license fees, and administration cost. In addition, App Portal addresses the business need for rapid, access to software applications and the user’s expectations of a consumer driven experience for accessing IT services in the workplace. The benefits in terms of higher end-user productivity and improved satisfaction are compelling, but the benefits don't end there. Automating one-time software requests and enabling self-service operating system deployments and migrations saves hundreds of hours of IT staff time.
Enforce Software License Compliance and Governance
App Portal in conjunction with Flexera Software’s advanced software license optimization and application packaging solutions deliver additional value to the enterprise app store.
- Effectively manage software licenses and optimize application usage with license reclamation and FlexNet Manager Platform
- Automatically check FlexNet Manager Platform license availability and reserve a software license at the time of the users’s request to eliminate deploying unlicensed software
- Enforce accurate license positions at a global level for compliance and at a group level to support cost assignment to lines of business with FlexNet Manager Platform
- Rapidly publish IT approved and packaged applications and operating systems simultaneously to deployment systems and the app store with Flexera Software AdminStudio
Eliminate Software Waste and Drive Continual Software License Recycling
- Optimize software usage and avoid overbuying of costly licenses by reclaiming software that is installed but not used.
- Enlist the help of end users with the Software Policy ScoreTM informing them how applications installed on their device comply with defined software policies and empower them to take corrective action.
- Report on software requests, approvals, installations and purchases to measure success and make sound decisions regarding software licensing and usage across the enterprise.
Cut Application Delivery Time and Increase Business User Satisfaction with IT
- Cut the time it takes to deliver applications to users from weeks to hours or even minutes.
- Reduce time spent manually responding to one-off software requests with an automated software approval and fulfillment process.
- Improve IT service delivery with integration to most popular ITSM systems including BMC Remedy ITSM, ServiceNow and Microsoft Service Manager.
Flexera Software products uniquely manage software usage strategically across the entire enterprise software lifecycle and can help you achieve rapid application availability, continuous license compliance and put an end to the overbuying of software licenses.
App Portal is a key component of Flexera Software's Software License Optimization solutions.
App Portal Solution Overview
Recent Blog Posts
- Enterprise App Store Best Practice #4: Focus On the User Experience
- Upgrade to App V 5.0 now, prior to App V 4.6 End of Mainstream Support
- Fusion 2014 - IT Service and Software Asset Management Event
- Manage Software Licenses More Efficiently with an Enterprise App Store
"This is a tremendous application to add to your SMS infrastructure. It is well worth the cost involved in purchase and can greatly streamline the software request process in your organization."
Founder St. Louis SMS User Group
SMS Admin at Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company