Centralized Management Eases License Server Administration
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications centrally administers FlexNet Publisher (formerly FlexLM) license servers, and reports concurrent license usage across many license management solutions (FlexNet, LUM, Reprise, Sentinel, etc.). It enables organizations to efficiently manage high spend technical applications to reduce licensing costs, improve productivity and more accurately forecast future software needs.
Technical applications that commonly utilize the concurrent license model include: electronic design automation (EDA), geographic information systems (GIS), exploration & production (E&P) and product lifecycle management (PLM) products.
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications is a key part of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises used by hundreds of enterprises to gain control of and optimize spend across their software estate.
Optimize Software Use and Reduce Ongoing Software Costs
- Centrally monitors and reports on concurrent license usage, including peak usage, to help determine the optimal number of concurrent licenses required by your teams
- Identifies under-utilized licenses and provides you the insight to remix or reallocate them to other locations or projects
- Enables effective chargeback processes within your organization
Simplify and Centralize License Server Administration
- Efficiently perform license server administration (start, stop, restart license servers, etc.) in real time
- Ensures that global teams are served with the licenses they need, when they need them, minimizing downtime
- Reduce the time and effort required to administer license servers
Reduce Denials of Service and Increase Engineering Productivity
- Usage tracking includes the ability to report on denials of service (all available licenses are checked out and one or more users must wait until a license becomes available) and allows you optimize the number of concurrent licenses to maintain an acceptable level of denials
Manage Multiple Concurrent Licensing Technologies Including
- FlexNet (FlexEnabled, FlexLM) software
- LUM-enabled software (ENOVIA Smarteam)
- [New] Dassault Systems License Server (DSLS); for CATIA R23 and later versions
- Sentinel, Reprise, and others
Software Investment Planner for Trend Analysis and Forecasting
- Analyze software usage and denial trends in relation to license terms, costs and organizational parameters, such as geographies, cost centers, projects, and users
Flexera Software Consulting Services
Our Consulting Services team can help you quickly realize the benefits of using FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications. Our services include:
- Assessing your baseline and compliance position
- Recommending cost reduction strategies
- Optimizing your licensing environment
- Managing an optimized state moving forward
With 25 years of experience as the producers of FlexNet Publisher, a leading software licensing technology embedded in over 20,000 applications, Flexera Software is uniquely capable of helping organizations to centrally monitor, manage and report on the use of major engineering applications by using FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications.
Centrally Track Usage for Multiple High-Value Applications
Specializing in Electronic Design Automation (EDA), Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Exploration & Production (E&P) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications, FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications centralizes software license management with the flexibility to monitor, manage, and report on the usage of a broad range of high-value software investments.
Track and Manage FlexEnabled Licenses
FlexEnabled applications are programs that have been instrumented with Flexera Software’s FlexNet licensing technology by their respective software vendors. There are over 20,000 FlexEnabled applications on the market from software vendors such as:
Cadence Design Systems
|Mentor Graphics |
As the makers of FlexNet licensing technology, Flexera Software is uniquely capable of providing organizations access to the most complete and meaningful insight into the software usage of these applications. Detailed usage analysis allows organizations to optimize licenses for these high value applications.
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications’ concurrent license management capabilities allow you to track and report on actual software license usage across your organization. It catalogs all usage data in a centralized database that you can access anytime using FlexNet Manager's powerful reporting engine. This solution also offers a way to analyze usage and denial trends in relation to license terms, costs and organizational structure—see Software Investment Planner feature below.
With usage reports provided by FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications, you now have a complete understanding of your organization's actual licensing needs, so you can save money by making accurate software purchasing decisions. You can cut costs further by identifying underutilized licenses that can be shared among departments and determining which annual support plans no longer need to be renewed.
Track and Manage LUM-enabled Applications
If your organization relies on CATIA*, ENOVIA SmarTeam, and other LUM-enabled applications, you can use FlexNet Manager to report on and optimize these licenses too - all within a single interface and workflow. FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications has workflow integration with LUM license servers. This provides the ability to capture license files from LUM servers, monitor status of these servers and schedule regular log file captures to feed into the FlexNet Manager reporting system. The new user interface allows you to select LUM servers and set the import schedule.