FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises is a comprehensive, proven, next generation hardware asset management, software asset management, license compliance and software license optimization solution. The Suite provides entitlement based license management and software license optimization to enable organizations to reduce ongoing software licensing costs and maintain continuous license compliance. It is used by thousands of enterprises to gain control of and optimize software spend while reducing the time and effort required to manage the software estate.
FlexNet Manager Platform
The foundation of the FlexNet Manager Suite is FlexNet Manager Platform that provides extensive hardware and software asset management (HAM and SAM) capabilities for managing desktop, laptop and server hardware, and software from more than 16,000 vendors. FlexNet Manger Platform also provides automated, entitlement based Software License Optimization for desktop software from vendors including Adobe, Microsoft and Symantec. The Platform also serves as the foundation for integrated, add-on server license optimization products included in the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises.
Key Platform functionality includes:
IT Asset Discovery & Inventory:
- Provides cross-platform desktop to datacenter (Windows, Linux, UNIX, and MAC OS), physical and virtual machine discovery, inventory, and application usage data collection
- Leverages existing IT investments via integration with a multitude of third-party standard inventory sources
- Enables organizations to ‘know what they have’ in their IT environment and consolidate vendors and applications
Purchased Versus Installed/Consumed License Reconciliation:
- Reconciles software purchases against software installed or used on computers and virtual machines within the enterprise
- Enables organizations to maintain license compliance to reduce audit cost and risk
License Optimization for Desktop Software:
- Automatically applies license entitlements—product use rights, to optimize license consumption for desktop applications based on contractual agreements. Use rights include: upgrade, downgrade, right of second use, multiple use, and roaming use, among others. Product use rights for key vendors such as Adobe, Microsoft, and Symantec are encapsulated in a Product Use Rights Library.
- Enables Organizations to minimize license consumption and reduce desktop software costs
Management Dashboard and Reporting:
- Provides an intuitive management dashboard enabling an administrator to understand the current license position, receive alerts on issues, and review key events such as data imports
- A compliance overview report summarizes an organization’s exposure, such as its financial liability and the number of licenses in breach per publisher
- Drill downs provide deeper information for any vendor products and the licenses attached to those products
FlexNet Manager Suite Server License Optimization Solutions
FlexNet Manager Suite includes next generation software asset management and license optimization solutions that analyze inventory, application usage, purchase order data, license entitlements, and contract terms to optimize license consumption for server software. By automating the process of optimizing software license management for key vendors, the FlexNet Manager Suite products enable organizations to save on license purchases, audits, renewals, and annual true-ups, while reducing time and effort.
- FlexNet Manager for IBM, FlexNet Manager for Microsoft, FlexNet Manager for Oracle, FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications, FlexNet Manager for Symantec, and FlexNet Manager for VMware are integrated solutions built on top of FlexNet Manager Platform that enable enterprise-wide, automated license optimization for server software from these high value vendors.
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications is a standalone product that enables license optimization for engineering applications that use a concurrent license model, for thousands of vendors such as Autodesk, Cadence Design Systems and The Mathworks,- to name only a few.
These optimization solutions enable organizations to implement multiple software license management and contract optimization strategies that save time, help ensure continuous license compliance and reduce costs by:
- Applying license entitlements—product use rights, to optimize license consumption based on contractual agreements. Use rights include: upgrade, downgrade, right of second use, multiple use, roaming use, virtual use, and license mobility, among others. Product use rights for key vendors such as Adobe, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Symantec and VMware are encapsulated in a Product Use Rights Library.
- Utilizing license prioritization to drive intelligent allocation and minimize license consumption
- Tracking detailed usage of SAP software to automatically determine the optimal Named User License type for each user
- Optimizing the license count and application mix for engineering applications that use a concurrent license model
FlexNet Manager Suite provides the breadth and depth of asset management capabilities that allow your organization to achieve 'quick wins' and build the credibility of your software asset management program. The Suite enables organizations to automate software asset management processes to reduce time and effort required when dealing with software audits, Enterprise Agreement (EA) true-ups and contract renewals. It also allows organization to realize the highest return on their SAM program and software portfolio investments.
Workflow Manager integrates with FlexNet Manager Suite and allows organizations to implement best practice software asset management workflow processes that improve accuracy and accountability. It automates workflow tasks, increasing operational efficiency and improving IT service levels to the organization.
Comprehensive Enterprise Solutions
FlexNet Manager Suite integrates with Flexera Software App Portal, our industry-leading enterprise app store solution, and Flexera Software AdminStudio, which provides comprehensive functionality for preparing and packaging applications for reliable deployment. With this integration, you can create highly automated, end-to-end processes that help you to keep applications in a state of readiness for deployment into a variety of environments; make applications easily and immediately available to employees; and effectively manage software licenses to ensure continuous license compliance while optimizing software usage and minimizing spend.
FlexNet Manager Suite also integrates with many existing IT systems, including configuration management and inventory tools such as Microsoft SCCM, Altiris, BMC, IBM Tivoli, HP DDMI, etc., to allow importing of inventory and usage data, leveraging your prior investments.
FlexNet Manager Suite is integrated with industry leading IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions from companies such as BMC and ServiceNow. This integration enhances ITSM processes such as Change, Problem, Request and Capacity Management.
FlexNet Manager Suite is available through three delivery models:
- On-premises—In this model the software is controlled and managed by your organization’s IT department within your own datacenter. A perpetual license purchase of the on-premises software is usually considered a capital expense that can provide a better return on investment over time.
- Cloud—With this model, the product is installed in the Flexera Software datacenter and is delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. The associated subscription licensing model is typically considered an operating expense. With lower upfront costs and accelerated deployment of the application, the SaaS model offers a shorter time to value. Additionally, there are no scalability or architectural issues for you to consider. Cloud delivery also means that your mobile workforce can connect to the application from anywhere, on any device with a web browser. (Note: all products in the Suite are available via Cloud delivery except FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications).
- Managed Service— Managed Service Providers (MSP) can provide SAM and Software License Optimization services based on FlexNet Manager Suite via a hosted model (where the software is installed in the partner’s datacenter) or the new on-demand model. In this case you are essentially outsourcing the software asset management and license optimization function. This can be a good option if your organization is resource constrained as you can leverage the license management staff and expertise of the MSP.
Regardless of your organization's level of software asset management and license optimization maturity, FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises provides the solution to get you to the next level and realize the benefits of your SAM program:
- Visibility and control of the hardware and software assets throughout your IT environment
- Reduced license and maintenance costs (5-25% savings per year can be achieved)
- Reduced license compliance risk and unbudgeted costs associated with software audits
- Increased operational efficiency
Learn more about the offerings included in FlexNet Manager Suite below.