FlexNet Manager for Oracle
Automated License Management and License Optimization for Oracle Software
FlexNet Manager for Oracle is a scalable Software License Optimization solution that is built on the FlexNet Manager Platform. FlexNet Manager for Oracle automates and optimizes license management to enable the reduction of license, maintenance and audit costs for Oracle software, while maintaining license compliance.
FlexNet Manager for Oracle provides next generation software asset management functionality including automated license reconciliation for Oracle Database, E-Business Suite, WebLogic and other products. In addition, Oracle License Management Services (LMS) has verified that Database and Database Options inventory and usage data from FlexNet Manager for Oracle is acceptable to LMS in a software license review or audit. FlexNet Manager for Oracle allows organizations to achieve the highest level of Software License Optimization maturity—Level 4, for Oracle software asset management processes. FlexNet Manager for Oracle is part of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises used by hundreds of enterprises to gain control of and optimize spend across their software estate.
Leverages FlexNet Manager Platform to Provide Visibility and Control
- Provides scalable hardware and software asset management across more than 14,000 publishers and 125,000 applications, providing insight into installed software and application usage
- Delivers purchased versus installed license reconciliation
- Comprehensive reporting capabilities allow users to identify and evaluate areas of license compliance concern and make informed decisions that reduce license and maintenance costs
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to Microsoft SCCM, as well as adapters for other third party inventory and configuration management tools
- Provides connectivity to HR, Active Directory, procurement, ERP and other systems for user, computer, purchasing and organizational data
Software License Management for Oracle Reduces On-going Software Costs
- Enables true enterprise-wide license optimization for different Oracle license models, including Oracle Processor and Named User Plus (NUP), using the Product Use Rights Library. The library contains the Oracle processor points table and the NUP user minimums per processor, and automatically applies these licensing rules to calculate an Oracle license position
- Also supports older legacy license models
- Applies Oracle’s virtual environment licensing rules for both hard (LPAR, vPar, Solaris Zones) and soft (VMware ESX/vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V) partitioning technologies
Proactively Manage Your Software Estate Using ‘What If’ Analysis
- Provides industry-first ‘What If’ Analysis capabilities that allow organizations to see the impact of hardware and software changes on their license position, before the changes are actually made
- Supports Oracle server based license models, including the Oracle Processor model
- Actions such as modifying hardware properties, moving virtual machines across hosts or installation of a new software title can be simulated, providing an estimated license position and financial impact that reflects these changes
Report on optimized license position and cost savings with FlexNet Manager for Oracle
FlexNet Manager for Oracle allows organizations to more effectively "use what they have and only buy what they need." Learn more about the other products in the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises.