Reduce Oracle Licensing Cost and Risk with an Oracle Verified Solution
FlexNet Manager for Oracle is a scalable Oracle license compliance and Software License Optimization solution that is built on the FlexNet Manager Platform. FlexNet Manager for Oracle automates and optimizes license management to enable the reduction of license, maintenance and audit costs for Oracle software, while maintaining license compliance.
FlexNet Manager for Oracle provides next generation software asset management functionality including automated license reconciliation for Oracle Database, E-Business Suite, WebLogic and other products. In addition, Oracle License Management Services (LMS) has verified that Database and Database Options inventory and usage data from FlexNet Manager for Oracle is acceptable to LMS in a software license review or audit. FlexNet Manager for Oracle allows organizations to achieve the highest level of Software License Optimization maturity—Level 4, for Oracle software asset management processes. FlexNet Manager for Oracle is part of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises used by hundreds of enterprises to gain control of and optimize spend across their software estate.
Leverages FlexNet Manager Platform to Provide Visibility and Control
- Provides scalable hardware and software asset management across more than 18,333 publishers and 181,927 applications, providing insight into installed software and application usage
- Delivers purchased versus installed license reconciliation
- Comprehensive reporting capabilities allow users to identify and evaluate areas of license compliance concern and make informed decisions that reduce license and maintenance costs
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to Microsoft SCCM, as well as adapters for other third party inventory and configuration management tools
- Provides connectivity to HR, Active Directory, procurement, ERP and other systems for user, computer, purchasing and organizational data
Software License Management for Oracle Reduces On-going Software Costs
- Enables true enterprise-wide license optimization for different Oracle license models, including Oracle Processor and Named User Plus (NUP), using the Product Use Rights Library. The library contains the Oracle processor points table and the NUP user minimums per processor, and automatically applies these licensing rules to calculate an Oracle license position
- Also supports older legacy license models
- Applies Oracle’s virtual environment licensing rules for both hard (LPAR, vPar, Solaris Zones) and soft (VMware ESX/vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V) partitioning technologies
Proactively Manage Your Software Estate Using ‘What If’ Analysis
- Provides industry-first ‘What If’ Analysis capabilities that allow organizations to see the impact of hardware and software changes on their license position, before the changes are actually made
- Supports Oracle server based license models, including the Oracle Processor model
- Actions such as modifying hardware properties, moving virtual machines across hosts or installation of a new software title can be simulated, providing an estimated license position and financial impact that reflects these changes
FlexNet Manager for Oracle allows organizations to more effectively "use what they have and only buy what they need." Learn more about the other products in the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises.
Product Use Rights Library
FlexNet Manager for Oracle includes a Product Use Rights Library for Oracle that enables it to determine an accurate license position and optimize license consumption. Product Use Rights vary depending on the type of software license agreement used to buy the software.
These rights include:
- Upgrade—the right to use the latest version of the software as soon as it becomes available.
- Downgrade—the right to use an older version of the software than the version purchased.
- Virtual environment use rights—the rights associated with running the software on a virtual machine or hard partition. Oracle Database software allows sub-capacity licensing in hard partitioning environments such as Solaris Zones, LPAR, vPar, nPar and other technologies, for example.
When creating new licenses from purchase order data, the product use rights are applied automatically, which minimizes the amount of effort required to model license entitlements in FlexNet Manager for Oracle.
‘What If’ Analysis
Simulation capability is provided for Oracle server based licenses allowing customers to perform What If analysis to understand the licensing implications of a change within their IT environment.
This ‘What If’ Analysis feature enables the calculation of a new Oracle license position considering:
- Hardware change
- Shared processor pool setting changes or the addition or removal of shared processor pools
- Virtual Machine (VM) or hard partition property changes
- A change of physical host for virtual machines or hard partitions
- Addition or removal of software installations
‘What If’ Analysis provides information on the financial impact of the change from a software licensing perspective.
License Change Review
This feature analyzes differences between Flexera Software content libraries—particularly the Product Use Rights Library, and existing software licenses. Recommendations such as applying product use rights templates and adding applications to the license record are made so that the license repository can be kept up to date.
- Changes to software vendors’ product use rights are incorporated in the library via monthly updates and can be automatically applied to existing licenses
- An opt out option is available for these changes if there are specific (non-standard) product use rights in contracts with a publisher
- Automatically benefit from improvements in the Flexera Software libraries, e.g. new links between Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) and applications in the Application Recognition Library, new SKUs with associated product use rights, etc., that may impact existing licenses
License Change Review ensures that your license compliance position is always accurate and optimized.