Secunia Research analyzes hundreds of potential vulnerabilities every day and release advisories for verified vulnerabilities, containing detailed information which is used by customers to assess risk and determine actions to keep their business protected from cybercriminals and hackers.
We call this information actionable intelligence because Secunia Research:
- Eliminate False Alerts
- Assess and analyze vulnerabilities
- Cross-reference sources
- Standardize content
- Complete information to enable risk assessment
- Update existing advisories with new, relevant information
Secunia Advisories are the result of the expert work from Secunia Research. Starting in 2003 and covering over 50,000 applications and systems today, each advisory represents a full picture of a vulnerable product including:
- A unique identifier
- Attack vector (how a vulnerability can be exploited)
- Secunia Research criticality rating
- Impact of exploitation (the consequence)
- References to industry standards, such as Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE), Common Platform Enumeration (CPE) and Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Link to patches, description of partial fixes, workarounds and other mitigation actions
- Additional references when applicable
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager contains one of the largest software vulnerability databases in the market covering over 50,000 applications and systems across all platforms. We are committed to track all software vendors and products, including industrial control systems as well as software prevalent in e.g. the financial or pharmaceutical sectors. If a product is not already tracked, Secunia customers can use the Suggest Software feature to add the product to our database within three business days.
Comprehensive Management Features
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager includes a comprehensive set of management features to drive alerts, risk assessment, mitigation, verification and continuous reporting. Those features make the intelligence provided by Secunia Research actionable and link the steps of the Software Vulnerability Management lifecycle. These features support effective reduction of the attack surface for cybercriminals and hackers, provide visibility into processes and enable accountability.
Effective Prioritization of Mitigation Efforts
The combination of the intelligence provided by Secunia Research and the management features makes it possible for organizations to assess risk based on the relative criticality of vulnerabilities in their own environment, driving the effective use of resources to prioritize mitigation actions with highest impact to reduce the attack surface for cybercriminals and hackers.