Proactively Manage Your Application Migration Strategy
In the past, application migrations used to occur very infrequently. Today, enterprises are not only upgrading to new operating systems, but as cloud and virtualization solutions and best practices have matured and gained traction, IT must deal with time-consuming, costly support and upgrade issues. They also now face bring your own device (BYOD) challenges, while users clamor for increased mobility, new device support and an increasing range of requirements—making managing software migration more challenging than ever.
The Challenges: Managing Constant Application Change
- Can you successfully manage compliance and cost through organizational changes, mergers & acquisitions, divestitures and outsourcing?
- Can you reliably migrate applications to new platforms such as Windows 10, Windows 2012 or 2016, virtual, cloud and BYOD, and ensure users have a good application experience?
- How do you enhance desktop management processes and embrace user-centric software deployment to support desktop transformation initiatives?
The Solution: Automating Application Usage Management
Flexera Software solutions are used today by tens of thousands of companies to proactively manage application usage business challenges within a changing landscape. Through automating essential business processes, enterprises are able to:
- Application Migrate Strategy—the most pressing business priority for any platform upgrade is whether or not applications required to run the business will work. Handle your application migration strategy with an automated Application Readiness process that assesses compatibility, resolves conflicts and reliably packages and delivers IT certified compatible applications to new platforms.
- Manage compliance risk—mitigate software license non-compliance introduced by platform migrations, new environments (including cloud and virtualization) and business changes by having an ongoing and automated software asset management program that optimizes your software license position for applications that are at risk of audit or where you spend the most.
- Embrace virtualization and the cloud—automate desktop management processes to support a combination of application deployment models from a common solution to ensure consistency regardless of approach.
Flexera Software application migration solutions automate business processes across an applications lifecycle to bring structure to chaos, enabling IT to be in control as they manage software through constant and diverse changes with the right application migration strategy.