Create Docker Images and Cloud, Virtual and Traditional Installers from a Single InstallAnywhere Project
Software virtualization and the cloud continue to deliver myriad benefits. For application producers, these technologies provide new mechanisms to deliver complex software applications, either as enterprise-ready virtual appliances, or as hosted SaaS offerings in the cloud. For your customers, these technologies can accelerate time to productivity, which improves first impressions of your software. To accommodate both existing and emerging environments, application producers therefore must continue to support today's configurations that customers still need and want – the physical, traditional on-premises installers – while also delivering applications as cloud-based offerings and support emerging platforms such as Docker. Our multiplatform installer can help.
InstallAnywhere Premier Edition with Virtualization and Cloud * is a multiplatform installer that provides application producers with an easy, convenient solution to take their existing and new software products to virtual and cloud infrastructures and automatically create Docker images.
One-Project File – Physical and Virtual Outputs
- Create both Docker images and traditional multiplatform installers – all from a single InstallAnywhere project file.
- Give your customers the ability to install your products in their environment of choice.
Software Virtualization and Cloud-based Deployments Made Simple
- Easily create cloud-ready images, Docker images and enterprise-ready virtual appliances that require no technical expertise by you or your customers to install.
- Build Docker Images from Any InstallAnywhere Project: Increase your deployment options and simplify installation development by automatically creating both Docker images and traditional multiplatform installers from a single InstallAnywhere project.
- Cloud-ready Virtual Appliances: Deploy multiplatform applications automatically to Amazon EC2, facilitating migration to the cloud.
- Enterprise-ready Virtual Appliances: Deploy multiplatform applications as enterprise-ready virtual appliances (OVF 1.1 compliant) for easy provisioning within your customers virtual machine infrastructure.
- Enter new markets previously out of reach due to installation complexity.
- Create cloud-hosted/virtual machine evaluations, demonstrations and virtual labs in a controlled pre-configured environment.
- Build Multi-Tier Virtual Appliances–Simplify evaluations and production deployments of multi-tier applications.
- Streamline Virtual Appliance Builds—Build faster and easier by creating virtual appliances directly from existing virtual machines.
- 64-bit Virtual Appliances - Support Emerging Technologies on 64-bit platforms.
Enhanced Virtual Appliances Platform Support
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Enterprise Linux
*InstallAnywhere Premier Edition with Virtualization and Cloud requires InstallAnywhere 2015 Premier Edition.
New Build Docker Images from Any InstallAnywhere Project Premier Edition with Virtualization and Cloud
Increase your deployment options and simplify installation development by automatically creating both Docker images and traditional multiplatform installers from a single InstallAnywhere project.
- Easily search and pull images from public and private Docker repositories to build containers that run your distributed applications on any system or machine where Docker is supported – virtual, physical or cloud.
- When designing the Docker image, InstallAnywhere automatically creates Dockerfiles, easily customizable with your edits.
Cloud-Ready Virtual Appliances Premier Edition with Virtualization and Cloud
Reuse existing installation project information to simplify the process of creating Amazon Machine Images. These images can be shared with customers or deployed directly to Amazon EC2 to facilitate cloud migrations.
Enterprise-Ready Virtual Appliances Premier Edition with Virtualization and Cloud
Build faster and easier by creating virtual appliances directly from existing virtual machines, includes support for building 64-bit virtual appliances. Reuse existing installation project information to build multiplatform applications as enterprise-ready virtual appliances optimized for VMware (OVF 1.1 compliant). Ideal for evaluations, demonstrations and production deployments of complex applications.