Deliver a Consistent, Successful User Experience with Every Installation
InstallShield® is the world's leading Windows installer development solution. InstallShield is designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer (MSI) installations for PCs, servers, Web and virtual applications. InstallShield is the only software installer that can directly convert MSIs to Microsoft App-V virtual packages.
New opportunities and fast-paced change continue to pervade the technology marketplace. To keep up, application producers need to adapt quickly, get to market faster, and deliver a seamless, contemporary customer experience. The global de facto standard on more than 500 million PCs and servers, InstallShield is a strategic software installation development solution designed for traditional and agile development teams and their Windows and virtualized installation requirements. InstallShield includes automated tools to productize, install, and bundle software in application virtualization and traditional EXE and MSI formats.
Software customers are also adapting to the new technology landscape. To support this transition, InstallShield continues to invest in providing software developers with support for the latest desktop computing technologies, and unique solutions that simplify the deployment of web/server applications to cloud, virtual, and traditional environments.
Simplify virtual and cloud-based deployments
- Use multi-tier installation templates to deploy Web/server applications as a single cloud-ready package
- Deploy to hybrid cloud databases with Microsoft Azure SQL Database support
- Support enterprise application virtualization adoption by validating compatibility and creating Microsoft App-V packages
Most popular solution for Microsoft Windows and Visual Studio support
- Comprehensive support for Microsoft Windows 7 & 8.x and Windows 10 – the fast, easy way to build Windows installers
- Create installations directly within Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support enterprise customers with ISO 19770-2 software inventory tags, PowerShell scripting, and Sideloading of Windows Store Apps
Deliver a seamless customer user experience
- Create installers that match your company and product branding with InstallShield's Advanced UI editor
- Support continuous release processes by streaming the latest updates and patches at install time, ensuring users always install the latest version
- Localize installation text in 35 different languages
What's New in InstallShield 2015
- Windows 10 Ready – Confidently build installations that support the latest Windows releases, including Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2. InstallShield can also build pure 64-bit MSIs to support Windows Server® Core configurations where WoW64 may be disabled.
- Microsoft® Visual Studio® Integration – Integrate InstallShield 2015 with the latest Visual Studio releases, including Visual Studio 2015. When integrated with Visual Studio and MSBuild, InstallShield can add project output groups to your installation and integrate into your source control and solution build process.
- Support Latest Microsoft Certificate Requirements – Be prepared for Microsoft’s signature requirements for 2016 with InstallShield’s new support for SHA-256 certificates and digests.
- Automation Interface for Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI Projects – Support continuous integration practices and reduce manual editing by leveraging automation scripts to add files and features, change installation properties, and initiate builds for InstallShield MSI, InstallScript, Advanced UI and Suite/Advanced UI projects.
Windows 10 Support Premier, Professional and Express Editions
Confidently deploy your applications to the latest Windows versions, including Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2. Build pure 64-bit installations for Windows Server® Core configurations where WoW64 may be disabled.
Windows Installer (MSI) Installations Premier, Professional and Express Editions
Quickly and easily create Windows Installer (MSI) installations with advanced support for SQL databases, IIS web sites, XML editing and much more with InstallShield's intuitive graphical development environment.
InstallScript Installations Premier and Professional Editions
Achieve maximum flexibility in your installations with InstallScript—a powerful and easy-to-use scripting language. Create script-based installations and Windows Installer Custom Actions.