InstallShield® is the world's leading Windows installation development solution. InstallShield is designed to enable development teams to be more agile, collaborative and flexible when building reliable InstallScript and Windows Installer (MSI) installations for PCs, servers, and Web applications. InstallShield is the only software installer that can directly convert MSIs to Microsoft App-V virtual packages.
Learn What’s New in InstallShield 2014
New opportunities and fast-paced change continue to pervade the technology marketplace. To keep up, application producers need to adapt quickly, get to market faster, and deliver a seamless, contemporary customer experience. The global de facto standard on more than 500 million PCs and servers, InstallShield is a strategic software installation development solution designed for traditional and agile development teams and their Windows and virtualized installation requirements. InstallShield includes automated tools to productize, install, and bundle software in application virtualization and traditional EXE and MSI formats.
Software customers are also adapting to the new technology landscape. To support this transition, InstallShield continues to invest in providing software developers with support for the latest desktop computing technologies, and unique solutions that simplify the deployment of web/server applications to cloud, virtual, and traditional environments.
Simplify virtual and cloud-based deployments
- Use multi-tier installation templates to deploy web/server applications as a single cloud-ready package
- Deploy to hybrid cloud databases with Microsoft Azure SQL Database support
- Support enterprise application virtualization adoption by validating compatibility and creating Microsoft App-V packages
Most popular solution for Microsoft Windows and Visual Studio support
- Comprehensive support for Microsoft Windows 7 & 8.x – the fast, easy way to build Windows installers
- Create installations directly within Microsoft Visual Studio
- Support enterprise customers with ISO 19770-2 software inventory tags, PowerShell scripting, and Sideloading of Windows Store Apps
Deliver a seamless customer user experience
- Create installers that match your company and product branding with InstallShield's Advanced UI editor
- Support continuous release processes by streaming the latest updates and patches at install time, ensuring users always install the latest version
- Localize installation text in 35 different languages
What's New in InstallShield 2014
- Install Web Applications to Microsoft® Azure™ and Microsoft IIS using Microsoft Web Deploy – With new support for Microsoft Web Deploy, Suite/Advanced UI installations give your customers the flexibility to deploy web applications to their choice of infrastructure—local machines, remote servers in the data center or Microsoft Azure in the cloud.
- Design DPI-Aware Installations – All InstallShield project types are now DPI-aware, ensuring an optimized user experience when your customers install software on high DPI devices.
- Check for the Latest Setup Every Time an Installation is Run – Suite/Advanced UI installations can automatically check for the latest version of a setup any time the installation is run, including from the installation’s maintenance mode, making it simpler for users to find, download, and install your latest product releases.
- Upgrade Multi-instance Installations – Develop upgrades that can detect the presence of multiple instances of a product on target systems, providing end-users with options to select the instance to upgrade. Now supports both major and minor upgrades.
- Provision Virtual Machines from the InstallShield IDE for Testing Installations – Reduce testing time and eliminate manual steps by automatically provisioning virtual machines: choose test image snapshots, power on virtual machines, and stage setups directly from the InstallShield IDE. Supports VMware® vSphere, VMware Workstation, and Microsoft Hyper-V®.
"Our enterprise customers are interested in adopting hybrid on-premises/cloud solutions that help in their transition to the cloud. InstallShield 2012 Spring's support of SQL Azure helps ensure we can deliver a first-rate installation experience in traditional, on-premise as well as hybrid cloud environments."
Principal Software Engineer