FlexNet Enterprise Update Management
Enable Enterprise IT Administrators to Control Update Distribution to Business Units and Locations
When serving large enterprises with multiple locations or business units, would it help to lower support costs and improve customer satisfaction if your support staff could notify enterprises about available updates, and empower regional enterprise IT administrators to approve them and update applications even for off-internet machines?
Large global enterprises may have IT policies across various offices or regions that require localized assessment of application updates prior to their deployment. FlexNet Connect supports these unique needs via a cloud-based enterprise update management portal.
Many large global enterprises may also have differing policies across various offices or regions that require localized assessment of application updates prior to their implementation. FlexNet Enterprise Update Management supports these unique needs via a cloud-based enterprise update management portal. When you couple FlexNet Connect Cloud with FlexNet Enterprise Update Management, regional IT administrators can assess updates to ensure that local guidelines and policies are adhered to before accepting the update and applying it within their specific business unit or location. Enterprises can define their internal business units and IT administrators within the portal.
For off-internet machines, administrators can use a caching proxy (e.g. Apache Squid) to download approved updates once and distribute them behind the firewall. From the portal, administrators can also view update success reports to identify machines that successfully (or failed to) apply a given update.
With FlexNet Enterprise Update Management, you have the ability to:
- Define multiple business units with their own IT administrators
- Approve or reject updates based on permissions
- Eliminate onboarding time and costs for new locations using a hosted infrastructure
- Download approved updates once and distribute within the firewall for off-internet machines using a caching proxy (i.e. Apache Squid)
- Gather instrumentation and product intelligence data from end user machines even when they are not connected directly to the internet
- Track update success with reports identifying machines that have successful or failed updates
Learn more about FlexNet Connect.
Webinar: Why You Need a Software Update Solution
Recent Blog Posts
- IoT Manufacturer Survey Cites Key Trends You Should Know
- Licensing and Entitlement Management Needed for Making Money on the Internet of Things
- What You Need to Know about Securing Your Devices in the IoT: Watch Now!
- Licensing and Entitlement Management Cited as Key Trigger in IoT in Recent Report