Connect With Customers In New Ways with Software Update and Firmware Update TechnologyFlexNet Connect® provides application producers (software vendors and intelligent device manufacturers) the most efficient way to provide end-users with an automated software update and firmware update solution as well as obtain valuable insight on their installed base use. FlexNet Connect manages rule-based software update delivery, displays in-product messages, and automatically reports key information about the installed base.
Do you know what products, versions and features your customers value in your products? Do you handle a lot of support calls related to outdated versions of your products? Do your products require frequent or critical updates? Are you supporting customers that are not current on maintenance? Are you able to debug application issues on remote devices?
FlexNet Connect enables application producers to gain insights into what your installed base is using and values in your products. This will help you make smarter product decisions and create up-sell and cross-sell campaigns.
FlexNet Connect sends software and firmware updates and patches, marketing messages, such as reminders for expiring maintenance, directly to your end-users' systems. The users of your software products expect easy access to the latest updates and to be notified of important announcements.
With FlexNet Connect, you have the power to keep your users updated – regardless of which operating system they use. This electronic software and firmware update solution also provides information on how customers are using your software, which is invaluable to product development and marketing.
FlexNet Connect is a key component of the FlexNet Producer Suite, and is offered as a cloud, software as a service or as an on-premises solution, and has a distribution of over 100 million devices.
Derive deep customer insights
- Gain better knowledge of your installed base such as data on number of customers by product and version, by machine characteristics (e.g. operating system) and more
- Target marketing campaigns based on installed product and version, machine characteristics and more
- Collect anonymous usage data—log files and crash reports—to identify, prioritize and correct end-user problems
- Retrieve remote diagnostics and deep install base intelligence from software embedded on devices, or desktop and server based applications to reduce support costs and increase customer satisfaction
Cut Costs with Automated Software/Firmware Updates
- Reduce support costs by keeping users on your most current version
- Cut product fulfillment costs for update delivery
- Increase customer satisfaction by proactively delivering electronic updates
Improve Customer Communication with In-Product Messaging
- Deliver targeted marketing messages based on installed product and version, language, machine characteristics and more
- Target users based on their product version, location, entitlement status, and more
- Reach all of your customers directly, even if they purchased through a reseller
FlexNet Connect Technical Resources
Get more value with FlexNet Connect Cloud when it is used with:
Need to find a better solution for software delivery and fulfillment?
Learn how with FlexNet Electronic Software Delivery.
Automated Software / Firmware Updates
Producers can easily provide end-users with electronic software and firmware updates based on the product version (or other specific criteria) they are using to ensure they are on the latest version, which minimizes support calls and customer downtime.
Producers can target updates to users based on conditions such as installed product versions, machine characteristics or producer defined criteria. In addition, FlexNet Connect supports HTTP, HTTPs and FTP based-downloads, including multiple update presentation modes and update formats and languages, as well as updates with over 2GB files. The end user can also control the update process with pause and resume functionality.
Increase Renewal Rates with Entitlement-Based Updates
With entitlement-based updates, the user entitlement is authenticated against the back-office prior to presenting updates, which ensures only entitled (paying) customers will receive the software and firmware updates that they are entitled. In addition, when producers integrate FlexNet Connect with FlexNet Operations Cloud (entitlement management) they can generate a time expiring URL to ensure the end user has a secure download of the update. The time period can be set by the producer to give flexibility based on specific product needs.
Pre-Built Client User Interface
Producers can use the pre-built client user interface (UI) for software and firmware updates and in-product messaging to speed time to market. The pre-built UI doesn’t require any code integration and is built with a native (Windows and Apple) look and feel. This allows application producers to focus on their product and not building a UI for software and firmware updates.