InstallShield Virtualization Pack
Deploy your applications as App-V virtual packages that run without conflict
InstallShield is once again revolutionizing software installations with support for application virtualization with Microsoft® App-V™.
Deploy Your Applications as App-V Virtual Packages that Run Without Conflict
Now when you build a traditional MSI project, InstallShield can simultaneously build it as a virtual App-V package. It can also automatically modify your legacy MSIs to App-V packages. InstallShield handles all the conversion work, so there's no learning curve for developers new to application virtualization.
To an end user, virtual applications appear and function just like physically installed software. But virtual applications never get installed on the client. Instead they run in their own isolated virtual containers – which include registry entries, libraries, executables, and anything else the application needs to run – completely separate from the operating system. Because there's no physical installation, there are no installation or retirement problems and no application compatibility issues.
More and more software companies are delivering their applications as virtual packages, including Microsoft. It provides Office 2010 as an App-V package.
- Agility and Cloud Development: How Agility in Development Supports Cloud Development and Installation Practices
- What's New in InstallShield 2012 Spring
- Agile and Installation Development: Supporting Agile Projects with Flexible Installation
- Expanding Agile Practices to Software Installation Development
- Application Virtualization: What Developers Should Know