AdminStudio Application Compatibility Pack
Application Compatibility Testing for Windows 7 & 8, Internet Explorer and Windows Server
Application compatibility is the number one challenge that enterprises face in migrating to Windows 7 and 8. As a result, more and more enterprises are looking for products to help automate the application compatibility testing and remediation. AdminStudio Application Compatibility Pack reduces time and effort involved in a migration to Windows 7 and 8 (32-bit and 64-bit versions) as well as Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 by automatically assessing and fixing application compatibility issues. Additionally, the Application Compatibility Pack enables enterprises to test and report on web application compatibility with Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10.
Windows 7 and 8 Application Compatibility Assessment
- Load applications into the testing process in minutes and receive a summary report on both application code and installation package compatibility issues of all applications.
- Run thousands of automated checks for Windows 7 and 8 application compatibility and get an at-a-glance status for your entire application portfolio.
- Obtain accurate information to scope and budget for application migration projects. Test results display in a unified interface that presents both installation package and application code compatibility issues, so you can quickly pinpoint which applications can be automatically fixed and which need to be sent back to development.
Detailed Application Compatibility Issue Reporting
- Dashboards and reports provide overall compatibility status from multiple viewpoints for all applications in the AdminStudio catalog or by group. Drilldown takes you from big picture to detailed analysis.
- Audit trail report shows testing and remediation progress over time, providing valuable insight to the project team.
Automated Windows 7 and 8 Application Compatibility Fixing
- Automatically fix the vast majority of installation package related application compatibility issues. Application Compatibility Pack automatically generates standard MSI transforms that can be applied to fix the application.
- Understand in minutes instead of days which applications will require fixing or re-development.
Application Compatibility Testing for Web-based Applications
- Load web site addresses (URLs) or web-based applications into the testing process to automatically pinpoint Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 compatibility issues.
- Test applications that are accessed by, or dependent on a browser for their compatibility with Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 in minutes.
- Dramatically reduce the time and cost of manual testing, and ensure a consistent and accurate approach.
Unified Test Center for Comprehensive Application Readiness Process
- Execute a broad range of compatibility, validation and conflict tests; manage and remediate issues; and monitor overall status — all from a unified reporting and issue management interface.
- From Test Center, analyze and manage:
- Operating system (OS) application compatibility tests
- Web application/browser compatibility tests
- Client and server application virtualization compatibility tests
- Remote Desktop Services deployment compatibility tests
- Package level validation and conflict analysis
The AdminStudio Application Compatibility Pack is part of AdminStudio Suite which powers an enterprise's Application Readiness process for for desktop transformation, migration to Windows 7 and 8, application virtualization and cloud computing.