- App Portal Datasheet
Empower employees with on-demand software provisioning
- App Portal Operating System Deployment and Application Migration Datasheet
Automate Microsoft® Windows 7 and 8 Deployment and Application Migration through your Enterprise App Store.
App Portal is for IT organizations that want to increase customer satisfaction by providing a self-service enterprise app store to deliver software to their business users faster while reducing the cost of service delivery and gaining visibility across software assets, maintaining accurate up to date license compliance records, and automating the software request and fulfillment process.
Creating an enterprise app store with Flexera Software App Portal addresses the business need for rapid software distribution and the user’s expectations of a consumer-like experience for accessing IT services in the workplace. The benefits in terms of higher end-user productivity and improved customer satisfaction are compelling, but the benefits don't end there. Automating one-time software requests and enabling self-service operating system deployments and migrations saves hundreds of hours of IT staff time. In addition, App Portal provides enhanced visibility into software asset management that enables reclamation of unused software and avoids overspending on expensive enterprise software licenses. With the App Portal enterprise app store, IT maintains the control necessary to ensure compliance with licensing agreements and corporate policy, while reducing software distribution costs and accelerating the consumerization of IT services.
Cut Application Delivery Time and Increase Business User Satisfaction with IT
- Cut the time it takes to deliver applications to users from weeks to hours or even minutes.
- Reduce time spent manually responding to one-off software requests with an automated software approval and fulfillment process.
- Improve IT service delivery with integration to most popular ITSM systems including BMC Remedy ITSM, ServiceNow and Microsoft Service Manager.
Eliminate Software Waste and Drive Continual Software License Recycling
- Optimize software usage and avoid overbuying of costly licenses by reclaiming software that is installed but not used.
- Enlist the help of end users with the Software Policy ScoreTM informing them how applications installed on their device comply with defined software policies and empower them to take corrective action.
- Report on software requests, approvals, installations and purchases to measure success and make sound decisions regarding software licensing and usage across the enterprise.
Enforce Software License Compliance and Achieve End-To-End Application Usage Management
App Portal in conjunction with Flexera Software’s advanced application packaging and software license optimization solutions deliver additional value to your enterprise app store.
- Rapidly package and test new applications and OS images then deploy them to the App Portal enterprise app store with Flexera Software AdminStudio.
- Effectively manage software licenses to ensure continuous license compliance while optimizing application usage with FlexNet Manager Platform.
- Automatically check FlexNet Manager Platform license availability and reserve a software license at the time of the application request to eliminate deploying unlicensed software.
- Enforce accurate license positions at a global level for compliance and at a group level to support cost assignment to lines of business with FlexNet Manager Platform.
Flexera Software products uniquely manage software usage strategically across the entire enterprise software lifecycle and can help you achieve rapid application availability, continuous license compliance and put an end to the overbuying of software licenses.
App Portal is a key component of Flexera Software's application readiness solutions.
App Portal Solution Overview
Recent Blog Posts
- Mobile Application Management top of Mind in AdminStudio Suite 2014
- Reducing License Compliance Risk from Enterprise App Stores
- Say Goodbye to Windows Server 2003 While Maintaining Software Compatibility
- Are You Still Running Windows Server 2003? – Take Our Survey
"This is a tremendous application to add to your SMS infrastructure. It is well worth the cost involved in purchase and can greatly streamline the software request process in your organization."
Founder St. Louis SMS User Group
SMS Admin at Fortune 500 Manufacturing Company