FlexNet Electronic Software Delivery
Eliminate Physical Fulfillment Costs by Electronically Delivering your Software to Customers
Today's application producers need the power to cost-effectively distribute their products to customers worldwide. Many producers ship software via CD or DVD, which is expensive, or build rudimentary download sites that are expensive to maintain and a burden to use.
Fulfilling software via physical media incurs freight, assembly, warehousing and management costs. Studies show that these costs add up to $30 per unit on average and may account for 3-4 percent of product line revenues. Many homegrown FTP sites are not secure and typically provide no way to enforce entitlements or track who has downloaded your software. Electronic software delivery (or electronic software distribution) is a way to solve these challenges quickly and efficiently.
When you couple FlexNet Operations (On-Demand) entitlement management with FlexNet Electronic Software Delivery you can eliminate physical fulfillment costs and ensure that only customers that are entitled to use your software can download it. Unlike homegrown download sites, it allows only customers with current maintenance or with a valid subscription to electronically download your software products.
With FlexNet Electronic Software Delivery entitlement-based software distribution you can:
- Eliminate physical fulfillment costs by electronically delivering your software to customers
- Protect maintenance and subscription revenues by allowing only customers current on maintenance or subscription to download software and updates
- Improve customer satisfaction by delivering software and updates to customers via a 24x7 self-service portal
- Increase cross-sell and up-sell revenues – by reporting on your customer's download activity at a product version level
- Ensure compliance with complex software export regulations, revenue recognition, and data privacy rules
- Accelerate revenue recognition – many producers and intelligence device manufacturers can recognize revenues as soon as end customers finish downloading their software
- Provide rapid implementation, high-uptime operational service levels, along with Web services for data access and integration to ERP/CRM systems
- Be confident with world class SAS-70 certified Software as a Service (SaaS) infrastructure
- Leverage tax savings by delivering software from tax-advantaged locations
FlexNet Electronic Software Delivery also helps solve business issues for your end users with:
- Proactive email notification – send personalized and timely notice of new releases, upgrades and patches, automatically
- Personalized on-line software archive – your customers can access 24/7 mission-critical rebuilds Provide 24/7 self-service capability for customers
- Localize experience through download sites in any language of your choosing
Learn more about FlexNet Operations (On-Demand).
Need to automatically push software and firmware updates you to your customers?
Learn how with FlexNet Connect.
This white paper, authored by Cris Wendt, a Strategy Principal Consultant with Flexera Software, explores the top 10 reasons why most software vendors and high-tech manufactures choose to buy a COTS software licensing and entitlement management solution.