FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises
Comprehensive Software License Management, License Optimization & Compliance Solutions
Whether you're an enterprise, government body or educational institution, you know how strategic software applications have become. They no longer just help the business, they run the business. Yet, surprisingly, software licenses and application usage are managed tactically at best by most organizations. Lacking a strategic solution for Software License Optimization, most organizations are significantly overspending on some licenses and out of compliance on others, putting them at risk of costly software audits.
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises is a comprehensive, proven, next generation software asset management and license compliance solution. The Suite provides entitlement based license management and optimization to enable organizations to reduce ongoing software licensing costs and maintain continuous license compliance.
The foundation of the FlexNet Manager Suite is FlexNet Manager Platform that provides extensive hardware and software asset management (HAM and SAM) capabilities for managing desktop, laptop and server hardware, and software from more than 14,000 vendors. Key Platform functionality includes:
- Discovery, Inventory and Application Recognition across multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, UNIX, MAC OS)
- Automated Purchased versus Installed License Reconciliation
- Oracle database discovery, inventory and license management
- 'What If' Analysis to measure the impact of changes in the IT environment on licensing
FlexNet Manager Platform provides the breadth and depth of asset management capabilities that allow your organization to achieve 'quick wins' and build the credibility of your software asset management program. The Platform enables organizations to:
- Consolidate applications and vendors to maximize volume discounts
- Collect application usage data to expose under-used software and re-allocate those licenses to reduce new purchases at true-ups and renewals
- Leverage usage data to reduce maintenance on unused software and/or versions that are no longer covered by vendor support
- Reclaim licenses from retired hardware to defer new license purchases
- Maintain continuous license compliance to minimize audit cost and risk
FlexNet Manager Platform is integrated with Flexera Software App Portal our enterprise application store product. This brings together the software request and approval process, with license availability check, to proactively maintain license compliance and avoid over-spending on software.
FlexNet Manager Platform also integrates with many existing IT systems, including configuration management and inventory tools such as Microsoft SCCM, Altiris, BMC, IBM Tivoli, HP DDMI, etc., to allow importing of inventory and usage data, leveraging your prior investments.
FlexNet Manager Suite license optimization solutions—FlexNet Manager for Adobe, FlexNet Manager for IBM, FlexNet Manager for Microsoft, FlexNet Manager for Symantec, FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications, and FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications— enable organizations to implement multiple software license management and contract optimization strategies that save time, help ensure continuous license compliance and reduce costs by:
- Applying license entitlements, such as product use rights, to optimize license consumption based on contractual agreements
- Utilizing license prioritization to drive intelligent allocation and minimize license consumption
- Tracking detailed usage of SAP software to automatically determine the optimal User License type for each user
- Optimizing the license count and application mix for engineering applications that use a concurrent license model
Workflow Manager allows organizations to implement best practice software asset management workflow processes that improve accuracy and accountability. It automates workflow tasks, increasing operational efficiency and improving IT service levels to the organization.
Regardless of your organization's level of software asset management and license optimization maturity, FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises provides the solution to get you to the next level and realize the benefits of your SAM program:
- Visibility and control of the hardware and software assets throughout your IT environment
- Reduced license and maintenance costs (5-30% savings per year can be achieved)
- Reduced license compliance risk and unbudgeted costs associated with software audits
- Increased operational efficiency
Learn more about the offerings included in the Suite below, and see how the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises delivers continuous software license compliance, maximized value and optimized usage.
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises Products
Concurrent License and License Server Management
Business Process Management
Read this white paper to learn from Forrester about a radical new license management approach that supersedes hardware-based asset management.
- Part 1: How to Get Started on a Software Asset Management Program
- Part 2: Discovery, Inventory and Application Recognition
- Part 3: Software License & Contract Management
- Part 4: Strategies for Optimized License Management