FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
Cut Software Costs with Centralized Concurrent License Management and Usage Tracking
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications centrally administers FlexNet Publisher (formerly FlexLM) license servers, and reports concurrent license usage across many license management solutions (FlexNet, LUM, Reprise, Sentinel, etc.) It enables organizations to efficiently manage high spend technical applications to reduce licensing costs, improve productivity and more accurately forecast future needs.
Technical applications that commonly utilize the concurrent license model include: electronic design automation (EDA), geographic information systems (GIS), exploration & production (E&P) and product lifecycle management (PLM) products.
With FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications, organizations can optimize software use, save as much as 30% on software costs, simplify software license server administration, reduce denials of service and more easily demonstrate compliance with vendor license agreements.
You need a concurrent software license management tool that:
- Centrally monitors and reports on concurrent license usage
- Helps you efficiently perform license server administration (start, stop, restart license servers, etc.) in real time
- Identifies under-utilized licenses and provides you the insight to remix or reallocate them to other locations or projects
- Reduces license denials while also reducing ongoing software costs
- Enables effective chargeback processes within your organization
- Manages multiple licensing technologies including:
- FlexNet (FlexEnabled, FlexLM) software
- LUM-enabled software (CATIA, ENOVIA Smarteam)
- Sentinel, Reprise, and others
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications also includes the Software Investment Planner to analyze software usage and denial trends in relation to license terms, costs and organizational parameters, such as geographies, cost centers, projects, and users.
Flexera Software provides Consulting Services to help you quickly realize the benefits of using FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications. Our services include:
- Assessing your baseline and compliance position
- Recommending cost reduction strategies
- Optimizing your licensing environment
- Managing an optimized state moving forward
FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications is a key part of the larger FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises. This software license optimization solution centralizes software license management for enterprise IT to gain unprecedented control over the software estate, align license usage with contract terms to maintain software license compliance, reduce ongoing licensing costs, and accurately forecast future needs across a wide range of applications.
With 25 years of experience as the producers of FlexNet Publisher, a leading licensing technology embedded in over 20,000 applications, Flexera Software is uniquely capable of helping organizations to centrally monitor, manage and report on the use of major engineering applications by using FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications.