FlexNet Usage Capture
Support for Usage-Based Trust but Verify Software Licensing and Compliance Models
Recently, many enterprise customers have indicated that (for some products and in some markets) they want to move to a usage-based trust but verify software licensing and compliance management model.
This coupled with the industry shift from perpetual to subscription points to the fact that enterprise IT wants to:
- Pay for only what they use, reduce shelf-ware
- Stop disruptive software audits
- Stay in compliance
- Ramp departments up and down based on project needs
- Optimize software spend
- Purchase software how they buy in their personal lives
- Simplify the licensing experience
The bottom line is that there is no simple or singular software licensing model that meets all needs. In fact, to thrive in today's competitive environment, you need the flexibility to support the full software licensing spectrum.
When you couple FlexNet Licensing (FlexNet Embedded) software licensing with FlexNet Usage Capture you have the ability and flexibility to:
- Support usage-based trust but verify software licensing and compliance models – by implementing a usage-based trust but verify model you can offer your enterprise customers pricing based on actual usage (pay-for-use, pay-for-burst, pay-for-overage, etc.)
Capture any type of usage in mostly free-form format – including but not limited to user, feature, quantity, date time and unit of measure. For example:
- # of compilations
- # of characters translated
- # of drawings rendered
- # of CPU minutes
- # of data converted
- # of gigs stored
- # of email messages sent
- # of campaigns managed
- # of pictures sent
- Enable support for the full software licensing spectrum – from strict enforcement to usage-based trust but verify
Learn more about FlexNet Licensing (FlexNet Embedded).
The manufacturing business is changing. To remain competitive and drive growth in the face of a demanding marketplace, device manufacturers are differentiating themselves by rethinking their business models and product strategies. Today, more and more manufactures are transforming their business models to be more solution centric, where software drives differentiation and value.