Track and Manage Windows Based Application Usage
FlexWrap inserts software license tracking capabilities into Windows based applications to allow them to be tracked and managed by FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications as if they were concurrently licensed. This enables organizations to more effectively manage license usage for these applications so they are better able to cut software costs, stay in license compliance, and ensure end users have access to the licenses they need to be productive.
The FlexWrap Process
Many software applications arrive from the vendor already containing FlexNet licensing technology, which means they are ready to be tracked and managed by FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications. For those Windows-based programs that aren't already FlexEnabled, organizations can use FlexWrap to insert license tracking capabilities – a process known as FlexWrapping – making them visible to FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications. Once an application is FlexWrapped and packaged properly, simply distribute it to your IT environment and begin managing its use with FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications.
FlexWrap provides the following benefits to enterprises:
- Track and manage applications with FlexNet Manager that you otherwise wouldn't be able to
- Optimize software spending by basing future purchases of FlexWrapped applications on actual usage data
- Ensure license compliance and gain complete control over your software environment
- Cut costs by identifying how many unused licenses of FlexWrapped applications can be eliminated
- Pinpoint areas where license sharing of FlexWrapped applications would reduce costs
Learn more about the other products in the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises.