FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises is a comprehensive, proven, next generation software asset management, license compliance and license optimization solution. The Suite provides entitlement based license management and optimization to enable organizations to reduce ongoing software licensing costs and maintain continuous license compliance.
FlexNet Manager Platform
The foundation of the FlexNet Manager Suite is FlexNet Manager Platform that provides extensive hardware and software asset management (HAM and SAM) capabilities for managing desktop, laptop and server hardware, and software from more than 16,000 vendors. Key Platform functionality includes:
- Discovery, Inventory and Application Recognition across multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, UNIX, MAC OS)
- Automated Purchased versus Installed License Reconciliation—know your software license compliance position and easily defend against software audits
- 'What If' Analysis to measure the impact of changes in the IT environment on licensing, including the financial impact of those changes
FlexNet Manager Platform provides the breadth and depth of asset management capabilities that allow your organization to achieve 'quick wins' and build the credibility of your software asset management program. The Platform enables organizations to:
- Consolidate applications and vendors to maximize volume discounts
- Collect application usage data to expose under-used software and re-allocate those licenses to reduce new purchases at true-ups and renewals
- Leverage usage data to reduce maintenance on unused software and/or versions that are no longer covered by vendor support
- Reclaim licenses from retired hardware to defer new license purchases
- Maintain continuous license compliance to minimize audit cost and risk
Comprehensive Enterprise Solutions
FlexNet Manager Platform integrates with Flexera Software App Portal, our industry-leading enterprise app store solution, and Flexera Software AdminStudio, which provides comprehensive functionality for preparing and packaging applications for reliable deployment. With this integration, you can create highly automated, end-to-end processes that help you to keep applications in a state of readiness for deployment into a variety of environments; make applications easily and immediately available to employees; and effectively manage software licenses to ensure continuous license compliance while optimizing software usage and minimizing spend.
FlexNet Manager Platform also integrates with many existing IT systems, including configuration management and inventory tools such as Microsoft SCCM, Altiris, BMC, IBM Tivoli, HP DDMI, etc., to allow importing of inventory and usage data, leveraging your prior investments.
FlexNet Manager Platform is integrated with industry leading IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions from companies such as BMC and ServiceNow. This integration enhances ITSM processes such as Change, Problem, Request and Capacity Management.
FlexNet Manager Suite license optimization solutions—FlexNet Manager for Adobe, FlexNet Manager for IBM, FlexNet Manager for Microsoft, FlexNet Manager for Oracle, FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications, FlexNet Manager for Symantec, and FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications— enable organizations to implement multiple software license management and contract optimization strategies that save time, help ensure continuous license compliance and reduce costs by:
- Applying license entitlements—product use rights, to optimize license consumption based on contractual agreements. Use rights include: upgrade, downgrade, right of second use, multiple use, roaming use, virtual use, and license mobility, among others. Product use rights for key vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe, IBM and Symantec are encapsulated in the Product Use Rights Library.
- Utilizing license prioritization to drive intelligent allocation and minimize license consumption
- Tracking detailed usage of SAP software to automatically determine the optimal Named User License type for each user
- Optimizing the license count and application mix for engineering applications that use a concurrent license model
Workflow Manager allows organizations to implement best practice software asset management workflow processes that improve accuracy and accountability. It automates workflow tasks, increasing operational efficiency and improving IT service levels to the organization.
FlexNet Manager Suite is available through three delivery models:
- On-premises—In this model the software is controlled and managed by your organization’s IT department within your own datacenter. A perpetual license purchase of the on-premises software is usually considered a capital expense that can provide a better return on investment over time.
- Cloud—With this model, the product is installed in the Flexera Software datacenter and is delivered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. The associated subscription licensing model is typically considered an operating expense. With lower upfront costs and accelerated deployment of the application, the SaaS model offers a shorter time to value. Additionally, there are no scalability or architectural issues for you to consider. Cloud delivery also means that your mobile workforce can connect to the application from anywhere, on any device with a web browser. (Note: all products in the Suite are available via Cloud delivery except FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications).
- Managed Service— Managed Service Providers (MSP) can provide SAM and Software License Optimization services based on FlexNet Manager Suite via a hosted model (where the software is installed in the partner’s datacenter) or the new on-demand model. In this case you are essentially outsourcing the software asset management and license optimization function. This can be a good option if your organization is resource constrained as you can leverage the license management staff and expertise of the MSP.
Regardless of your organization's level of software asset management and license optimization maturity, FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises provides the solution to get you to the next level and realize the benefits of your SAM program:
- Visibility and control of the hardware and software assets throughout your IT environment
- Reduced license and maintenance costs (5-25% savings per year can be achieved)
- Reduced license compliance risk and unbudgeted costs associated with software audits
- Increased operational efficiency
Learn more about the offerings included in FlexNet Manager Suite below.