Delivered by Certified Partners or Flexera Software, new managed services provide organizations new outsourced options to help reduce software spend and ensure continual license compliance
Itasca, IL - Mar 25, 2014 - Flexera Software, the leading provider of Application Usage Management solutions for application producers and enterprises, announced today a new global initiative for providing Software License Optimization managed services delivered through an extensive partner network or via Flexera Software's own professional services team.
"Our Managed Services partners include the best and brightest in the Software License Optimization space who deliver tremendous value to their clients," said Tim Boudreau, Vice President of Strategic Alliances at Flexera Software. "This new services offering, combined with our market-leading technology, ensures that organizations everywhere, regardless of their size or location, have practical new options to reign in software spending and achieve continual license compliance."
"Our clients rely on our experience to assist them in developing processes to manage and monitor their software license agreements, and they expect us to leverage leading technologies like FlexNet Manager Suite to achieve this end," said Mike Adams, Director KPMG, LLP Advisory Services. "We are happy to work with Flexera Software and leverage their leading technology to deliver results."
"Crayon Oy provides a wide range of managed services, including Software License Optimization services for organizations seeking to maximize their return on investment in enterprise software licenses," said Mika Helaskoski, Managing Director at Crayon Oy. "Our partnership with Flexera Software provides us access to the optimization tools we need to help ensure that our clients are buying only the software they need, and using what they have."
The Managed Service Provider initiative includes a comprehensive set of IT asset management and license optimization services across three service levels: inventory and data normalization, compliance, and optimization. The managed services will be based upon Flexera Software's market leading FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises technology - available either on-premises or on-demand (SaaS - in the cloud).
The new Software License Optimization Managed Services can be provided at three different levels depending on the needs of the organization:
- IT Asset Inventory and Data Normalization Managed Service - This entry-level, basic managed service will assist organizations with visibility and control of hardware assets and software installs across their IT environment.
- Compliance Managed Service - This includes the Inventory Service component plus the general management of commercial software products with more than 10 installs. Licenses will be managed to provide visibility into an organization's 'purchased licenses versus installed software' license compliance position.
- Optimization Managed Service - This includes Inventory Service and Compliance Service components plus software license optimization for key vendors such as Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, Oracle, SAP and Symantec. Optimization involves a further level of license management that takes into account software installations and usage reconciled against the specific provisions (Product Use Rights) contained in the license agreement. Software asset management teams that optimize their software estates can expect to garner the highest return on investment while reducing ongoing costs for software.
"Enterprises increasingly understand that effective management of their software estate can result in significant benefits, but many prefer to secure external resources and expertise to implement and effectively manage the process," commented Richard Northing, Senior Vice President of Products & Services at Flexera Software. "These organizations can now leverage the extensive license management expertise of Flexera Software's partner network and our own consulting services team to realize substantial returns on their software asset management program investment."
- ### -
FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises includes the following components:
- FlexNet Manager Platform
- FlexNet Manager for Microsoft
- FlexNet Manager for Adobe
- FlexNet Manager for IBM
- FlexNet Manager for Oracle
- FlexNet Manager for Symantec
- FlexNet Manager for SAP Applications
- FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications
- Workflow Manager
- Read our Blog on Software License Optimization
- FlexNet Manager Suite Success Stories
- Related Flexera Software Webinars
- Software License Optimization White Papers
Flexera is reimagining the way software is bought, sold, managed and secured. We view the software industry as a supply chain, and make the business of buying and selling software more transparent, secure, and effective. Our Monetization and Security solutions help software sellers transform their business models, grow recurring revenues and minimize open source risk. Our Vulnerability and Software Asset Management (SAM) solutions strip waste and unpredictability out of buying applications, helping companies purchase only the software and cloud services they need, manage what they have, and reduce license compliance and security risk. In business for 30+ years, our 1000+ employees are passionate about helping our 80,000+ customers generate millions in ROI every year. Visit us at www.flexera.com.
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.