- What is VIM?
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM) allows all necessary stakeholders in one organization to receive a filtered feed of verified vulnerability intelligence in real-time as verified by Secunia Research. It includes advanced workflow and reporting capabilities in order to build up a vulnerability management process and document towards compliances.
- Is VIM a software solution or an appliance?
The Secunia VIM is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that can be accessed through your Internet browser.
- How often is the vulnerability database updated?
The vulnerability database is updated constantly as soon as a new vulnerability has been identified by the Secunia Research Team.
- Is your product CVE compatible?
- Which software vendors/products can I track for vulnerabilities with VIM?
You can track all software/hardware vendors and products with VIM. If a product is not already tracked, and you are a customer, you can use the Suggest Software feature to add the product to our database within 72 hours.
Please note that the VIM does not track End-of-Life, Alpha and Beta releases, or software that is not publically available.
- Is it possible to evaluate VIM?
If you wish to evaluate VIM, please go to the VIM Overview page and complete the 7 day trail form or write a short email to email@example.com.
- How do I get an evaluation license for VIM extended?
To extend your evaluation license, please contact your Flexera Software consultant responsible for your evaluation license.
- How do I contact support?
You can find options for contacting support here: Flexera Software support contacts
- What are the minimum system requirements for running VIM?
Access to VIM can be made by any system capable of running an Internet browser, preferably Internet Explorer 6 or higher, and with an Internet connection.
- How do I obtain a new license?
If you wish to obtain a new license, please contact your Flexera Software consultant or write to the VIM Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- How can I access my VIM solution?
You can access the VIM solution via your Internet browser, preferably Internet Explorer, connected to https://vim4.secunia.com/
- I am receiving too many Secunia Advisories on my mobile number. How can I fix this?
Please go to your Recipient section in VIM, and verify that SMS Criticality Level is set to the correct level. If the issue still persists, please contact Flexera Software Support.
- Does VIM allow concurrent sessions from the same account?
VIM is designed to allow only one session per account. If you wish to have several VIM accounts, please ask your consultant or contact support.
- I need to reset my VIM login credentials. How can I do it?
Please contact Flexera Software Support.
- I cannot find the vendor or the software that I would like to monitor with VIM. How can I request new software to be added to VIM database?
You can track all software vendors and products with VIM. If a product is not already tracked, and you are a customer, you can use the Suggest Software feature to add the product to our database within 72 hours.
Please note that VIM does not track End-Of-Life, Alpha and Beta releases, or software that is not publically available.
- I would like to have more Recipients in VIM. How can I increase this?
The number of Recipients that you are entitled to have is dependent on your license agreement with Flexera Software. To increase the number of recipients, please contact your Flexera Software consultant. If you are unsure who that might be, please send an email to email@example.com
- Is there any VIM documentation regarding its setup and usage?
Yes. The Secunia VIM Technical User Guide is available for download from your VIM solution on the VIM Support resources page.
- I cannot find help in this FAQ. How can I contact VIM support?
Submit your support request at Flexera Software Support.