Software Delivery and Updates
Make a Good First Impression
A great customer experience starts as soon as the purchase is completed. Electronic Software Delivery ensures your customers quickly and securely receive your products. Meeting customer expectations at this stage is the first step toward building customer loyalty. And because it’s entitlement-based, Electronic Software Delivery protects you by allowing downloads only to eligible customers. Customers benefit from a more straightforward experience because they will only see the products available to them.
Electronic Software Delivery gives you the fulfillment capabilities you need:
- Greater operational efficiency with reduced support expenses and the elimination of physical distribution costs.
- Complete audit trail of customer activity showing who downloaded what, and when, allowing for timely and accurate revenue recognition.
- Automated denied party validation and reporting for export compliance.
- Legal protection with EULA acceptance
Manage updates and collect usage data – even in disconnected environments
Continuously Deliver Value Through Automated Software Updates
In today’s connected world software and device users expect to be up to date on new features and security updates. Managing software updates across a quickly growing number of users is challenging. At the same time, many devices are not connected at all. In some environments security concerns prevent connecting devices to the Internet.
Flexera’s software update solution gives you centralized back office control over updates to all software and devices:
- Prevent revenue leakage with entitlement-driven updates
- Maintain a full track record of what’s been delivered and what is deployed.
- Utilize automated updates or deploy manually, controlled by a local administrator.
- Deliver on regulatory demands in industries like medical, and provide update tracking capability.
- A smart edge server enables automated updates and data gathering in secure disconnected environments. FlexNet Edge gets deployed in the secure local customer environment. Customers determine how and when it connects to the entitlement management back office to check for updates. It also simplifies device management by creating device groups and defining update rules per group.
While entitlements provide an effective mechanism to control updates, there are some scenarios where updates can be distributed without restrictions. Flexera’s update solution allows you to designate which updates require entitlements and which ones don’t. This allows you to distribute some updates universally (for example, to users of a free version of your application) and others based on the use rights of the specific user or device requesting them.
If your update policies never require an entitlement check the update solution can be deployed in standalone mode, providing a simple, efficient system that makes all updates available to all users.
Software Updates and Insights for Edge Devices
Connected or not, software and devices need to be up to date and secure. Join the webinar to learn how Flexera is taking software monetization tech to the Edge.