Schaumburg, IL - Sep 7, 2006 - Macrovision announced a new version of its FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition, Macrovision's quickest and easiest installation solution for creating Microsoft Windows Installer (MSI) installations.
Who: Macrovision Corporation
What: New version of FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition.
With Express 12's support for the latest beta of Microsoft Windows Vista, Installation developers, application developers, and development managers of any skill level can create a professional installation experience as they "Get Ready for Vista."
FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition offers support for the latest Microsoft technologies such as Windows Mobile 5.0 for Smartphones and Visual Studio 2005, and is available simultaneously in English, German and Japanese editions to offer developers the flexibility to develop in their own language.
"Get Ready for Vista" support includes:
- Ability to scan InstallShield-created MSI installers to test for compatibility with new Vista capabilities
- User Account Control (UAC) support and digital signature enhancements provide improved security for the software installation.
- Support for minimizing reboots through the Restart Manager infrastructure—fewer steps, faster installation.
Updated support for new Microsoft Technologies:
- Visual Studio 2005 Support
- Pocket PC Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows CE
- .NET 2.0 Support
- .NET Compact Framework 2.0 and Other Mobile Device Redistributables Now Available
- Expanded Digital Signing for Mobile Devices
- .NET Framework 2.0 and Visual J# 2.0 Support
- Microsoft Build Engine (MSBuild) Support
- MSBuild-Compatible XML Format Project File
When: FlexNet InstallShield 12 Express Edition is currently available.
Follow Flexera Software…
About Flexera Software
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and security, enhancing the value they derive from their software. Our software licensing, compliance, cybersecurity and installation solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimized software investments, and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. A marketplace leader for more than 25 years, 80,000+ customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source of knowledge and expertise, and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products. For more information, please go to: www.flexerasoftware.com
For more information, contact:
*All third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.