Professional, Reliable Multiplatform Installations
InstallAnywhere is the leading installation development solution for application producers who need to deliver a professional and consistent multiplatform installation experience for physical, virtual and cloud environments. InstallAnywhere creates reliable installations for on-premises platforms – Windows, Linux, Apple, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, and IBM – and enables you to take existing and new software products to a virtual and cloud infrastructure, and create Docker containers—all from a single InstallAnywhere project.
If you develop applications for multiple platforms in both on-premises and virtual environments, trying to manually create installations for each one is a time-consuming and error-prone process. It often leads to release delays and installation errors that frustrate end users and increase your support costs. For some, a lack of internal resources and skills may even prohibit them from taking advantage of the cloud and virtual environments, and emerging platforms such as Docker.
The first installation development solution to support the Docker open source platform, InstallAnywhere makes it easy for even the most novice multiplatform installation developer to create professional installation software for virtually any platform in both physical and virtual environments as well as container deployments. It is available in two editions: Professional and Premier.
Reduce software development time
- Build a multiplatform installation project in minutes with the Project Wizard and Advanced Designer – no coding needed
- Install software on multiple platforms and in both physical and virtual environments using one project file
- Create installers of your most complex applications with advanced customization and configuration options and accessibility support
Impress end users with customized installations
- Create installers that match your company and product branding using custom graphics, animation, and transparent images
- Automatically localize installing text in 31 different languages
- Give multiplatform installations the platform-specific functionality they need using extensive set of standard actions and custom code APIs
Simplify virtualization and cloud-based deployments
- Easily create cloud-ready virtual appliances to deploy multiplatform applications automatically to Amazon EC2
- Easily create enterprise-ready virtual appliances to deploy multiplatform applications automatically, OVF 1.1 Compliant
Build Docker images from any InstallAnywhere project*
- Automatically create Docker images and traditional installers from a single InstallAnywhere project
InstallAnywhere Technical Resources
What’s New in InstallAnywhere 2017
- NEW Advanced UI Designer – WYSIWYG designer for installation panels makes it fast and easy to create appealing, DPI-aware installations. Designs can be saved as templates and reused to ensure consistent branding across all your products. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud, Premier and Professional Editions)
- NEW Rules Manager – Simplify the development of multiplatform installations by defining reusable platform rules that are automatically applied based on file types. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud, Premier and Professional Editions)
- NEW Install Dependencies from Linux® Package Managers– Implement Linux best practices and reduce steps for managing RPM and DEB prerequisites by installing dependencies from Linux package managers. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud and Premier Editions)
- ENHANCED Install Databases to IBM DB2, Microsoft® SQL, MySQL®, and Oracle® – Simplify development of installations for complex applications by ensuring your installations can easily connect to the leading database servers: IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL, MySQL and Oracle. Built-in panels give your users the ability to easily connect installations to the database server. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud and Premier Editions)
- ENHANCED Build Docker Images from Any InstallAnywhere Project – Increase your deployment options and simplify installation development by automatically creating both Docker images and traditional multiplatform installers from a single InstallAnywhere project. Share your Docker images and make your applications visible in the Docker Hub and private repositories. (Premier with Virtualization and Cloud Edition)
*Requires InstallAnywhere Premier Edition with Virtualization and Cloud
Create Java™-based Installations for Multiplatform Applications, including Windows® 10 Premier and Professional Editions
Save time by creating a single multiplatform installation project to build installations for each of the platforms your applications support, including the latest updates from Windows®, Apple®, Linux®, Solaris®, HP-UX, AIX and IBM®. Easily support platform-specific installation requirements, read and set system environment variables, create aliases, install shortcuts and links, and manage Windows services and registry edits. Create 64-bit installations to install applications into Windows Server Core environments where the 32-bit subsystem has been disabled.
New Advanced UI Designer Premier with Virtualization and Cloud, Premier and Professional Editions
WYSIWYG designer for installation panels makes it fast and easy to create appealing, DPI-aware installations.
Designs can be saved as templates and reused to ensure consistent branding across all your products.
New Rules Manager Premier with Virtualization and Cloud, Premier and Professional Editions
Simplify the development of multiplatform installations by defining reusable platform rules that are automatically applied based on file types.