Deliver a Positive Customer Experience with the Right Entitlement Management Model
Software vendors and intelligent devices manufacturers increasingly struggle with the growing complexity of entitlement management system design. They must grapple with supporting new business models, the demands of product lifecycle management, a plethora of entitlement and compliance policies and the unique challenges that accompany corporate acquisitions.
In addition, organizations often lack a comprehensive understanding of business processes required to support their software or embedded software business. This stands as a critical hurdle to the design and development of a robust and scalable entitlement management solution and is often the root cause for high operational costs, and/ or an inability to bring new products or product license models to market.
Flexera Software Global Consulting Services has extensive experience helping organizations make sense of complex entitlement management system design issues. Operational Model Design assists organizations in making sense of this complexity by building cross-functional awareness of their operating environment through the cataloging of their prospect-to-support use cases. The introduction of industry best practices and the ways in which Flexera Software technologies have addressed similar business needs provides vision for the subsequent design of a robust and scalable licensing, entitlement and compliance management system.
Business Problems Addressed:
The Operational Design Model service will help you:
- Accelerate deployment success through well-defined and accepted requirements definition
- Document a comprehensive use-case catalog
- Document a 'blueprint' architecture
- Identify and address system and organizational constraints
- Address use cases in extended 'Quote-to-Cash' scenarios defined as 'Prospect-to-Support'
- Provide a single source of communication and knowledge transfer to enable entitlement and compliance management system design
The entitlement management system design engagement is delivered by two Flexera Software consultants in three distinct phases:
Phase I: Advance Preparation and Planning
- Flexera Software: workshop preparation
- Customer: pre-work reviewing the organization's existing business flows and use cases
Phase II: Requirements Gathering Workshops
Five to eight days of interactive requirements-gathering workshops are conducted in a structured fashion, based upon the Flexera Software Success Framework.
The workshops typically require participation by 10-20 subject matter experts from multiple cross-functional areas. Agenda topics include:
- Business Requirements Review
- Product Structure and License Model Review
- Blueprint Architecture
- Prospect-to-Support Use Cases—including: Pre-Sales and Non-Revenue Entitlements, Revenue Entitlements, Entitlement Administration and more
Phase III: Operational Model Development
The operational model and use-case document is created, reviewed and updated.