Companies providing electronic test and measurement solutions serve a wide range of industries, from telecommunications to land management. In a global market that industry analysts predict will grow to $4.5 billion in 2010, technology innovation is driving a steady CAGR of 2.8%. (Source: Global Industry Analysts, Inc.)
As competition intensifies, electronic test and measurement manufacturers continue to focus on reducing costs and maximizing customer satisfaction. Within the electronic test and measurement industry, many opportunities exist to:
- Significantly lower manufacturing and inventory carrying costs
- Enable field upgradeability of devices
- Monetize maintenance programs
To battle commoditization and high manufacturing costs, many electronic test and measurement manufacturers are turning to embedded software as a means to differentiate and protect their offerings in a highly competitive market. Unfortunately, too many fail to see the strategic impact of software and, therefore, fail to deploy a strategic solution for Application Usage Management.
A strategic solution for Application Usage Management leverages embedded software licensing to unlock new revenue streams, protect intellectual property and implement configure-to-order manufacturing processes. This dramatically reduces inventory while enabling greater responsiveness to changing market conditions. It also utilizes back-office entitlement management solutions to streamline license management, protect maintenance revenues, implement new revenue models quickly, and establish direct relationships with customers through multiple tiers of distribution. In addition, with device lifecycle management, manufacturers are able to efficiently manage activations, returns, upgrades/downgrades and firmware/software updates.
However, as electronic test and measurement providers expand offerings to meet market needs, manufacturing and inventory costs can quickly spiral out of control. As a result they are looking for ways to:
- Enable postponement of final configuration and configure-to-order manufacturing models
- Offer capability or capability-based software licensing
- Provide the ability to dynamically turn on/off new capabilities and enable pay-per-use models
- Get a clearer understanding and picture of their channel
- Improve and unify customer experience by streamlining back office systems and processes
- Differentiate products with features tailored to specific needs and markets
- Enable upgrade, update and up-sell opportunities that can be electronically activated
FlexNet Producer Suite is ideal for electronic test and measurement manufacturers
FlexNet Producer Suite for Intelligent Device Manufacturers is the most comprehensive, end-to-end solution for software licensing, entitlement management and device lifecycle management available today.
- Embedded Software Licensing – allows manufacturers to capture customers at different price points, yet reduce the number of models and variants needed to meet customer needs while keeping costs in check with flexible configuration of capabilities and capacity.
- Entitlement Management – offers a single, holistic view and portal for customers and channel partners to manage software licenses and entitlements, capabilities and capacities embedded on devices as well as standalone software applications – enabling manufacturers to reduce manufacturing costs and complexities while improving customer and channel experience.
- Device Lifecycle Management – automates device lifecycle processes for customers and channel partners including device activation, volume activation of license servers, re-balancing capabilities and capacity across devices and locations, de-activations, upgrades, returns and moves.
FlexNet Producer Suite for Intelligent Device Manufacturers leverages Flexera Software's 20 years of industry experience to deliver embedded software licensing and entitlement management technologies that enable electronic test and measurement equipment manufacturers to reduce manufacturing costs and complexities through postponement of final configuration, SKU reduction and the ability to dynamically enable new capabilities after purchase. Its enabling technology allows manufacturers to monetize product up-sells while empowering them to seamlessly and efficiently roll out, manage and monetize new capabilities and capacity as adoption and market needs change.